With the departure of Chris Corum at the end of a great 2011 racing season the owners of SMS knew they had a big void to fill. Chris will be greatly missed but will always be a part of the tracks great history. After talking with several racers, fans, track owners and promoters one name came up time and time again……….LYNN PALMER. Lynn comes to SMS with a long and colorful history in motorsports. Having been involved in dirt racing since an early age, Lynn brings a very enthusiastic and encouraging outlook with him to SMS. Lynn is currently working on putting a great team together for the 2012 season. We at SMS hope that everyone is as excited as we are our with our new addition. Welcome aboard Lynn. We wish you great success.
- Smoky Mountain Speedway has announced the Southern All-Stars race scheduled for October 6 & 7 has been cancelled. The decision was made Tuesday afternoon.
- Smoky Mountain Speedway Harvest Festival Features Lots of Excitement on Saturday September 23rd
- **Four points** separate Shon Flanary and Blake Brown in an epic points battle for the top “Iron-Man”
- Smoky Mountain Speedway and Southern Nationals/Iron-Man Shift September Race Date
- Lucas Oil ASCS Sprint Cars Invade Smoky Mountain Speedway on Saturday August 26th
To order photos or videos from this year go to MRM Racing Photos