Scott Dewayne Sexton, age 46, of New Market, formerly of Pigeon Forge, passed away Thursday, January 10, 2013 after a 7 year battle. Scott began his racing career at the age of 6. He was an 8 time World Karting Association World Champion before moving into Dirt Late Models in 1986. Sexton quickly became a fan favorite, earning the nickname “Superman.” Between 1995 and 2005 he won 10 Southern All Stars Races at Atomic and Volunteer Speedways, and was track champion in 1991 and 1995 at “The Gap”. Scott had many special event feature wins. Scott was known as one of the most fan friendly drivers, always participating in charitable events and usually donating his winning trophies to kids at the track. He will always be remembered for giving back to the sport he loved so much. Scott was preceded in death by his father, Kenneth Howard Sexton; grandparents, John Sherrod and Reva Ann Sexton and Fred and Evelyn Maples; cousin, Kevin Williamson; aunts, Catherine Reagan Smallfield and Dorothy Maples Huskey. Survivors include his sons, Zachary Scott Sexton and Derek Scott Sexton; mother, Annette Maples Brackins; fiancé, Benita Collins; sister Debbie Vineyard; nephew, Tyler Vineyard. In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to any Tennessee State Bank, Scott Sexton Memorial Fund or to the funeral home to help with final expenses. Funeral service will be at 7:00 p.m. Sunday, January 13, 2013 in the Smith Trinity Chapel with Rev. Ray Deidrick and Ray Ball officiating. Family and friends will assemble at 10:00 a.m. Monday, January 14, 2013 at Highland South Cemetery for the interment. Pallbearers will be: Derek Sexton, David Bryant, Chase King, Mark King, Ryan King, Brian King, Jason Gibson, and Josh Collins. Family will receive friends from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Sunday at Smith Funeral & Cremation Service, Maryville, 983-1000.
- Smoky Mountain Speedway has announced the Southern All-Stars race scheduled for October 6 & 7 has been cancelled. The decision was made Tuesday afternoon.
- Smoky Mountain Speedway Harvest Festival Features Lots of Excitement on Saturday September 23rd
- **Four points** separate Shon Flanary and Blake Brown in an epic points battle for the top “Iron-Man”
- Smoky Mountain Speedway and Southern Nationals/Iron-Man Shift September Race Date
- Lucas Oil ASCS Sprint Cars Invade Smoky Mountain Speedway on Saturday August 26th
To order photos or videos from this year go to MRM Racing Photos