Due to the heavy down pour of rain we received earlier this week we regretfully are forced to postpone our first practice. No one has been more excited about the start of the new racing season then Kevin and the new group of investors. “An unusually bad winter has given us a very small window to work with”, said Larry Garner, owner of Blount Excavating. Once the weather cleared and the equipment was in place the excavating started and was going great but Mondays massive rainfall has set us back a few days.

After reviewing the situation the group agreed that even though delaying the opening of the track for Saturdays practice was not what they wanted to do it was the right thing to do. Larry and his crew are planning to work through the weekend if necessary and the weather cooperates in order to be ready for next weekend.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause anyone but we are striving very hard to have one of the premier tracks in the area and we feel that all the new upgrades will be well worth the wait.

Some of the upgrades include a new blended clay surface and new banking with the entire surface being re-engineered and cut to grade, 400 to 500 loads of new surface will be  spread over the entire track.  A new drainage system will be put into place with  new access roads at the turns, along with a new bathroom and concession stand in the outer pit area.

(Larry Garner, of Blount Excavating oversees Track Prep @ The Mountain)[Below]