Contact: Chris Dolack
World of Outlaws/DIRTcar Public Relations
firstname.lastname@example.org | 704-795-7223
World of Outlaws Late Model Series Event at Smoky Mountain Speedway Rained Out
No Immediate Make-up date as series rolls on to Duck River for Sunday’s event.
By Chris Tilley
MARYVILLE, TN-May 17, 2014 – With lots of rain that’s fallen in East Tennessee over the last few days combined with cooler temperatures, current rainfall and more forecasted rain today, a decision has been made by track management to cancel the Second Annual “Mountain Outlaw 50″ event for Saturday Night May 17th at Smoky Mountain Speedway for the World of Outlaws Late Model Series.
No immediate decision has been made on a suitable rain date.
“It’s unfortunate for the fans who wanted to see the Outlaws tonight. We’ve really had a great outpouring of support for this event and it’s a shame that the weather didn’t cooperate with this weekend’s race,” stated Series Director Tim Christman. “We want to thank the entire crew at Smoky Mountain for their hard work that’s went into putting this event together and we look forward to working with them in the future,” Christman went on to say.
The series will now turn its attention to the remaining event on the weekend schedule as the WoO LMS tour will roll into the Duck River Raceway Park in Wheel, Tenn. for the 50-lap $10,000-to-win event.
A reminder to fans for Sunday at Duck River Raceway Park the gates will open at Noon central time with hot laps slated for 4:30 pm.
A full show of Practice, Ohlins Shocks Qualifying, Heat Races, Last Chance Showdowns and the 50-lap main will be on Sunday for the World of Outlaws Late Model Series competitors.
For the Duck River event, competing teams will be restricted to using Hoosier 1300, 1350, 1450, 1600 and 55-compound tires or American Racer 44, 48, 53 and 56-compound rubber. All of the tires will be required to punch a minimum ’40’ reading when checked with a durometer.
For more information on the WoO LMS, visit www.worldofoutlaws.com .
Fans can also follow the WoO LMS on Twitter at Twitter.com/WoOLateModelsand Facebook atFacebook.com/WorldofOutlaws .
World of Outlaws Late Model Series 2014 Event Winners:
1. Brady Smith-Bubba Raceway ParkFebruary 14th
2. Brandon Sheppard-Bubba Raceway Park February 15th
3. Darrell Lanigan-Bubba Raceway ParkFebruary 16th
4. Casey Roberts-Volusia Speedway Park February 20th
5. Kyle Bronson-Volusia Speedway ParkFebruary 22nd
6. Billy Moyer Sr.-I30 Speedway March 29th
7. Mike Marlar-Tazewell Speedway April 12th
8. Shannon Babb-Farmer City Raceway April 26th
9. Darrell Lanigan-Fayetteville Motor Speedway May 2nd
10. Darrell Lanigan-Lavonia Speedway May 3rd
11. Tim McCreadie-201 Speedway May 16th
Upcoming World of Outlaws Late Model Series Events:
Sun. May 18-Duck River Raceway Park-Wheel, TN-$10,000 to win
Sat/Sun May 24/25-Tyler County Speedway-Middlebourne, WV-$20,000 to win
Thur. May 29-Delaware International Speedway-Delmar, DE-$10,000 to win
The World of Outlaws Late Model Series is brought to fans across the country by many important sponsors and partners, including: American Racing Custom Wheel (Official Custom Wheel), Arizona Sport Shirts (Official Apparel Company), Armor All (Official Car Care Products), Hoosier Racing Tires (Official Racing Tires), Lincoln Welders (Official Welder), STP (Official Fuel Treatment), VP Racing Fuel (Official Racing Fuel),DirtonDirt.com (Hard Charger Award) and McCarthy’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning (Raye Vest Memorial Pill Draw Award); in addition to contingency sponsors: Butlerbuilt, Cometic Gasket, Comp Cams, Edelbrock, JE Pistons, JRI Shocks, MSD, Ohlins Shocks, Penske Shocks, QuarterMaster, Roush Yates Performance Parts, Superflow Dynos and Wrisco Aluminum; along with manufacturer sponsors Capital Race Cars, Integra Shocks, Jake’s Carts, Racing Electronics, Rocket Chassis and TNT Rescue.
If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.
Hoosier 1300 1350 1450 1600/55 along with AR 44 48 63 56
*This tire rule applies to World of Outlaw Super Late Model Series ONLY
Smoky Mountain Speedway
809 Brick Mill Rd.
Maryville, TN 37801
Date: Saturday, May 17th
Ole Smoky Moonshine Mountain Outlaw 50
presented by Ole Smoky Moonshine
World of Outlaws Late Model Series – $10,000 to win
Crate Late Models – $1,500 to win
Street Stocks – $500 to win
Pit Gates open at 12pm
Grandstands / Tier Parking open at 3pm
Drivers Meeting scheduled for 7pm
Hot Laps: 7:30
Feature Racing around 9pm
Adults – $25
Children – ages 6-11 – $5
Children – 5 & under – FREE
Tier Parking Admission
Adults – $30
Children – ages 6-11 – $10
Children – 5 & under – FREE
Adults – $40
Children – 11 & under – $15
Blankets and seat cushions are permitted in the Grandstands, Chairs are also permitted but only on the concrete bleachers; If you have high back seat please make sure to set as far up so you don’t block the view of fans behind you. * Certain Larger chairs may not be allowed and you may be asked to move them if they do interfere with other fans.
Coolers are NOT permitted in the Grandstand area, however you can walk in with a few snacks and a drink.
Tier Parking is where vehicles can “tailgate” in their parking spot. Only one spot is allowed per vehicle. Coolers and small grills are permitted in this area. Concessions and restrooms are provided in this area as well.
Beer or any alcohol beverage will not be sold at this event.
We do have Handicap Parking and seating. Handicap seating is located as soon as you walk through the Grandstand Gates on the top few rows of the concrete bleachers.
Four Wheelers and ATV’s are only permitted with an All Access Pass of $40 Per Person. Please do not park theses anywhere you could block someone in.
Over Night Camping will be allowed for a $30 Charge for the Weekend, no hookups available, dry camping only. Camping Area is located in Tier Parking. (This is the second entrance off of Brick Mill Rd)
We do have a connection with a local Hotel on Alcoa Hwy for $89 Per night, they may be full now.. they were filling up pretty quick when I last spoke to them. The Hotel is Knoxville Airport Hilton
Pit Area for Drivers, Crew Members, and anyone seeking an All Access Pass; is located at the 3rd entrance off of Brick Mill Rd. (This is an actual Rd. Crye Rd)
Thank You for you Support and Please make plans to join us for some great racing at THE MOUNTAIN!!
USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour sprint confirmed and expected entries list for:
411 Motor Speedway & Smoky Mountain Speedway events – Friday & Saturday, May 2 & 3, 2014
No….Car#…Driver / Hometown
- 1a Lee Moore Tuscaloosa, AL – (2007 USCS Southern Thunder Rookie of the Year)
- 1x Eddie Gallagher, Olive Branch, MS – Past USCS National Champion –Eddie Gallagher won 2000 USCS feature at 411 Motor Speedway when it was paved oval.
- 4 Danny Smith, Chillicothe, OH – 8x World of Outlaws Feature Winner (a real outlaw racer)
- 07 Johnny Bridges, Cherryville, NC – two time 2014 USCS Feature Winner (1998 USCS ROY)
- 10 Terry Gray, Bartlett, TN – 10-time USCS National Champion (80+ USCS wins)- Current USCS National points leader.
- 10m Morgan Turpen, Cordova, TN – 4th 2013 National points (2010 USCS Nat. Rookie of the Year)- April 26, 2014 USCS Feature Winner Southern Nat. Motorsports Park has 5 career USCS wins.
- 11 Jake Roach, Sardis, TN – 2014 Rookie of the Year contender
- 12m Greg Merritt, Nesbit, MS currently in USCS Mid South regional series top five
- 12p Don Ryder, Knoxville, TN
- 13 Taylor Tidmore, Hernando, MS – 2014 Rookie of the Year contender
- 16 Anthony Nicholson, Bartlett, TN – 4th place 2013 standings (2008 USCS Rookie of the Year)
- 21 Aubrey Black, Lookout Mtn., GA – veteran USCS sprint car driver
- 21b Brandon McLain, Indian Trail, NC Currently 4th place USCS Southern Thunder regional series
- 22 Shawn Murray, Jacksonville, FL
- 23 Lance Moss, Cherryville, NC – April 12, 2014 USCS Feature Winner Lancaster (SC) Speedway
- 25 Ray Bugg, Iuka, MS – Finished 5th in the 2013 USCS National standings – 55 years racing
- 28 Jeff Willingham, Ripley, MS – 2012 USCS Rookie of the Year
- 29 Kyle Amerson, Matthews, AL USCS Rookie of the Year contender
- 33 Joe Larkin, Suwannee, GA – USCS sprint car veteran
- 43 Terry Witherspoon, Jacksonville, FL – Top ten 2013 USCS Southern Thunder regional points
- 47 Eric Riggins, Jr., Charlotte, NC – 18 year-old 5 time USCS Feature winner
- 51 Jay Dunham, Augusta, GA – 2014 Rookie of the Year contender
- 67 Brian Thomas, Pendergrass, GA – USCS sprint car veteran
- 67 Jake McLain, Indian Trail, NC – 2008 USCS Southern Thunder Rookie of the Year)
- 83 Bob Auld, Largo, FL – USCS sprint car veteran
- 116 Nicholas Snyder, Marco Island, FL – 2013 Florida Mini Sprint Assoc. Champion and 2014 USCS Rookie of the Year contender