- Driver Info
- 2013 Rules
- 2013 RESULTS
- 2012 RESULTS
RaceCeiver Or NITRO Scan Required, No other radios or communication equipment or mirrors allowed at any time.
A. Engine setback will be 6” inches from center of top ball joint to the most forward spark plug on the jig-frame car. 1-inch tolerance on engine setback.
A. Minimum wheelbase for jig and snout car will be 103” inches.
1. All cars must have a suitable steel roll cage protecting the driver’s compartment, including headrest.
2. Side roll bars are mandatory, and must extend into the door panels. A minimum of three (3) bars must be used on the left side.
3. Each bar must be at least 1- 1/2” in diameter, with a minimum material thickness of .083”.
4. Roll cages must be welded to frame.
1. Same as Super Late Model specs.(see Drawings)
2. Spoilers may have a maximum size of 12” height, by 72” width. 12 Inch Spoiler and Sides or 8 Inch Spoiler with 12 Inch x 32 Inch Left Side Board: If you choose the Side Board Your Right side Wing and middle wing must be 8 Inches to match the spoiler.
3. Note: Gurney Flaps or Curls are allowed along the upper edge of the spoiler, but their length will be included in all measurements, Spoilers will be measured according to total length of and width of material, in any shape.
1. Any driver using a HANS device or similar safety device will receive a 50 Lbs break.
APPROVED SEALED CRATE ENGINES:
Ford part number D347SR is approved for use in competition.
1. GM part number 88958602 is approved for use in competition.
2. GM part number 88958604 is approved for use in competition.
3. Other manufactures, sealed crate engines with the same or close to the same horsepower rating such as Ford & Dodge may be allowed as soon as they are available and have been approved for competition.
4. GM Engines may be purchased at any GM dealer.
5. The sealed engines must remain intact and not be tampered with; any seals that have been removed or tampered with will make the engine illegal and not eligible for competition.
6. No changes are allowed to the engine (intake manifold, heads, valve covers, oil pan, harmonic balancer or any other part /or parts on/or in the engine.
7. No vacuum pumps.
8. All crate engines must remain stock as they came sealed from the factory. Crate Engines must not be altered, modified or changed from factory specs.
A. All crate engines will have a maximum cranking pressure of 200 p.s.i. any engine that has over 200 p.s.i. will be illegal.
Close pressure must be a maximum of 110lbs +/- 5lbs all other parts of the valve spring must remand stock (IE retainers, keepers) In some cases the original factory cylinder heads and valve springs do not meet the required correct install height. To correct this, shimming will be allowed to meet the correct install heights.
No tri y Headers.
1. Cast or aluminum permitted.
2. No electric water pump.
A. Mechanical pump only, No electric pump.
1. Any ignition with the exception of magnetos (No magnetos.)
2. Ignition Box Claim Rule $400.00
Must finish in the top ten (10) and be on the lead lap in order to claim ignition box.
You may claim the ignition box of any one that finishes in front of you. All claims must be filed along with claim fee of $400.00 (CASH ONLY) to the Tech Inspector within five (5) min. of the completion of the race. If a driver refuses to sell their Ignition Box, he or she will be disqualified. Note: The track reserves the right to claim the ignition box for $400.00 at any time and from any driver regardless of finishing order.
1. One four-barrel carburetor only of any manufacture.
2. Engine must be naturally aspirated.
3. May use one carburetor spacer
(602 may use a 2 inch total thickness + .040 tolerance) (604 may use a 1 inch total thickness + .040 tolerance)
(No part of spacer may enter intake plenum) and two standard one-piece paper gaskets (maximum 0.070 inch thick), one gasket between intake to spacer and one gasket between spacer to carburetor.
A. All cars must have starter in working order.
1. Four-wheel disc brakes permitted.
2. No carbon fiber brake parts permitted.
FUEL CELL / FUEL:
1. An approved fuel cell (32 gallon maximum) must be securely mounted in the trunk area of the car, inside a .20 gauge metal box supported by a minimum of two 2” inch by 1/ 8” inch steel straps.
2. All fuel cells must be completely visible from rear of car.
3. Fuel cell must not be mounted lower than bottom of quick-change rear end.
4. GASOLINE OR RACING GAS ONLY – E85 PERMITTED AT SMOKY MOUNTAIN, AND CAN BE CHECKED FOR CONTENT, 85 OCTANE. WE RESERVES RIGHT TO CHECK FUEL ANYTIME.
NO METHANOL, OR ALCOHOL – NO NITROUS OXIDE. NO PROPYLENE OXIDE OR CHEMICAL ADDITIVES. FUELS MUST HAVE A SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF LESS THAN .745. ANY FUEL WITH A SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF .745 OR GREATER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. IT IS THE RACERS RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS PUTTING IN THE FUEL CELL.
1. Must have at least one forward and one reverse gear in working order.
2. Automatic transmission permitted. Must have torque converter or manual fluid by-pass valve system.
3. No straight drives or in and out boxes.
1. Any brand or type of wheel allowed must be mounted with lug nuts.
2. No knock-off or center lock wheels.
3. Maximum wheel width – 14” inches.
Hoosier Racing Tires Only. The following compounds will be permitted: 1350 and 1600. These compounds include open and spec tires. The Spec 21s and 55s will also be permitted. Also Fastrack and NeSmith stamped tires are legal. All tires must durometer to Hoosier spec’s at all times. GROOVING AND SIPING ALLOWED.
WARNING:SMOKEY MOUNTAIN SPEEDWAY AND HOOSIER RACING TIRES STRICTLY FORBIDS ANY
CHEMICAL ALTERATION OF THE TIRE CARCASS AND/OR TREAD COMPOUND, SUCH AS TIRE
SOAKING OR USE OF TREAD “SOFTENER.” SMOKEY MOUNTAIN SPEEDWAY AND HOOSIER RACING TIRE
STRICTLY FORBIDS THE PHYSICAL DEFACEMENT (REMOVAL, ALTERING, OR COVERING) OF TIRE
SIDEWALL MARKINGS IN ANY MANNER. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS WARNING COULD RESULT
IN PREMATURE OR CATASTROPHIC TIRE FAILURE AND MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
One lb per lap burn off after feature ONLY.
Ford Crate Engine # D347SR- 2300lbs.
1. GM Crate Engine # 88958602 – 2200 lbs.
2. GM Crate Engine # 88958604 – 2300 lbs.
3. Track reserves the right to adjust weights in interest of competition should it deem necessary.
4. Attached weight must be securely bolted to frame with 1/2” or larger bolts and painted white or silver with car number clearly painted on them.
5. All cars must have specified weight posted on top right side of roof.
Crate: $1500.00 Complete Teardown: Intake to Oil Pan
$1000.00 Remove 1 Head: Check Head, Bore and Stroke, Valves and Head
$450.00 Cubic Inch (PG)
Visual Protest in all Classes will Cost 50.00 Track will retain 100% of Money for Visual Protest. Visual Protest allowed before Heat Races Only.
Track will retain 30% of all other Protest Fees in all Classes
Any item not listed in protest fees is considered a visual protest item and must be protested before race and not after.
Track reserves the right to delete, change, or amend rules in the interest of competition.